Creating a Good Title Page for a Research Paper in the MLA Format
If you want to create a good title page for your research paper using the MLA format, it is very important for you to read this article right away. We will try to give you some tips on what you can do to achieve your goal without difficulty in the future. Here are some tips as follows:
Points to Remember
- First, you have to take note of the font and the font size that you are going to use. In this particular format, the standard font size to use would be 12 points. The standard font to use would be Times New Roman as well.
- In addition to this, you have to remember that the titles are always centered. You should also go down 16 lines to ensure that your title will be at the center of the document. This will look good in the printed version of the title page for sure.
- Also, you should always reserve 1-inch spaces for your margins. After this, you can go down 15 more times to go down the 32nd line of the document. Type in your name as well as your teachers’ names. This will ensure the uniformity of the document.
- Make sure that before you type in your teacher’s name, you press enter twice after typing in your name. After this, you can proceed to the next step, which is to type in the name of the school or university that you are attending.
- After this, you can now go to typing the course name of your choice. Again, do this after pressing enter two times. Next, you can type in the due date of the document. You should always use the day-month-year format.
- Upon doing this, you can now check your title page in the print preview feature of the program. This will then ensure the uniformity of the document regarding aesthetics. There are certain additional points that the need to remember as well. These are as follows:
Additional MLA Format Points
If you have two or more instructors for one course, you have to write their names in alphabetical order. In addition to this, you also have to make sure that you press the enter key twice before writing any subtitle for your document. Once you remember the spines, you will be able to make your very own title page that can make a research paper stand out for sure.
These are just some of the many points that the need to remember when it comes to formatting your research paper title page in the MLA style.